Holiday Inn® Smiles Ahead Facebook Live Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Holiday Inn® Smiles Ahead Facebook Live Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have reached the age of majority in their state at the time of entry. Employees of Six Continents Hotels Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Sponsor’s franchisees and franchisees employees, CMGRP, Inc. d/b/a Weber Shandwick, LLC and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: Six Continents Hotels, Inc., 3 Ravinia Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30346, U.S.A.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrant acknowledges that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. All information provided by entrants is provided to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins [Friday, June 16, 2017 at 10:30AM EST] and ends [Friday, June 16, 2017 at 10:50AM EST] (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is divided into four (4) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”).
|Entry Period||Begins on:||Ends on:||Drawing Date on:|
|1||Begins 10:30 a.m. ET||Ends 10:35 a.m. ET||06/16/17|
|2||Begins 10:35 a.m. ET||Ends 10:40 a.m. ET||06/16/17|
|3||Begins 10:40 a.m. ET||Ends 10:45 a.m. ET||06/16/17|
|4||Begins 10:45 a.m. ET||Ends 10:50 a.m. ET||06/16/17|
- How to Enter:
Enter the Sweepstakes using Facebook, as the case may be:
To receive one (1) entry for Facebook giveaway #1, respond with a comment during the Holiday Inn Facebook Live video event during Entry Period 1 and include the following hashtags: #SmilesAhead and #Sweepstakes1.
To receive one (1) entry for Facebook giveaway #2, respond with a comment during the Holiday Inn Facebook Live video event during Entry Period 2 and include the following hashtags: #SmilesAhead and #Sweepstakes2.
To receive one (1) entry for Facebook giveaway #3, respond with a comment during the Holiday Inn Facebook Live video event during Entry Period 3 and include the following hashtags: #SmilesAhead and #Sweepstakes3.
To receive one (1) entry for Facebook giveaway #4, respond with a comment during the Holiday Inn Facebook Live video event during Entry Period 4 and include the following hashtags: #SmilesAhead and #Sweepstakes4.
By posting your comment and including the required hashtag in your entry, as applicable, herein referred to as your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and you will receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period. Users may only receive one total Submission per Entry Period. Duplicate Submissions will be void. Sponsor may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Restrictions.
- The Submission must be entrant’s original work;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Sweeps;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submitting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant must be able to provide permissions of others included in a form acceptable to Sponsor. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
Limit: You may enter the Sweepstakes once during each Entry Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Submission and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Sweepstakes Drawings: Sponsor’s decision as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select four (4) potential winners from all eligible Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period at the end of each Entry Period. All non-winning entries received for one Entry Period drawing will not carry over to be considered in subsequent Entry Period drawings. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified Facebook as applicable by Direct Message with prize claim instructions. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: Two (2) branded Holiday Inn towels Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $30 USD each and two (2) awards of 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points ARV $40 USD each. Total ARV of all prizes: $140 USD.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all local, state and/or federal taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein.
- Rights Transfer and Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor’s franchisees, CMGRP, Inc. d/b/a Weber Shandwick, Facebook and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, franchisees, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Participation also constitutes the winner’s consent to allow Sponsor and its agents’ to take and use photos of winner and create other content and/or share such content (including photos) of winner’s prize experience, including using winners name and likeness (e.g. sharing of social content on Sponsor’s social channels).
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Dekalb County, Georgia.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
- Winner List: For a winner list, please email email@example.com on or before 6/30/17.